Electrical Safety Tips
Electrical safety tips around the house:
- Remember electricity and water don’t mix.
- Never use electrical appliances close to water.
- Take an electrical tour throughout your home, searching for potential hazards to be corrected.
- Never put anything into electrical outlets not intended for them.
- Make sure electrical outlets are not overloaded.
- Check all electrical and extension cords to make sure they are not cracked, frayed, or covered by rugs or furniture.
- Use the appropriate wattage light bulb for lighting fixtures.
- Keep electrical appliances away from damp or hot surfaces, and make sure they have appropriate air circulation.
Outdoor Electrical Safety Tips:
- Electric-powered lawnmowers should not be used when grass is wet.
- Inspect power tools and electric lawn mowers before use for frayed power cords, or broken housings or plugs.
- When using tools or extension cords outdoors, make sure they are marked for outdoor use.
- Unplug all portable power tools when they’re not being used. Don’t leave power tools unattended, even briefly.
- Metal ladders conduct electricity. Be careful of overhead wires and power lines.
- If you see a downed power line, stay away from it and call 9-1-1.
Contact Us Today
Guillermo was incredibly professional. He completed the re-wiring as promised along with some additional work that was needed (it was found when the walls were opened up). He even fielded questions from my 3 year old while working without skipping… Read more “Stephanie Fulop”